- is a lay international Catholic organisation
- is a world community lived out in small local communities
- has a common way of life based on the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius
- has members from all walks of life
- helps members to respond more fully to God
- helps me find God in my experience
- helps me to integrate my faith and life
- helps me to make decisions for more effective action
CLC may be for you if:
- You are searching for something more from your faith;
- You want to deepen your faith and express it in your daily loving;
- You feel a need to bring together your whole human life with the fullness of your Christian belief;
- You feel the urge to work for peace and justice;
- You long to be part of a living, supportive community of like-minded Christians.
“As members of CLC Australia we are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is safe, supportive, caring and nurturing for all children, young people and adults at risk. We are committed to facing the truth about the abuse of children and young people that has occurred in the past and we wish to be inclusive and supportive of those affected.”
National Executive of CLC August 2019
Our Code Of Conduct
Christian Life Community in Australia puts great value on treating others with dignity, equity and respect particularly when meeting in any groups. This code of conduct has been written to ensure that interactions among members are carried out in a manner that reflects this.
Members of CLC in Australia:
• Respect the rights and views of others
• Listen and seek to understand different points of view (this does not necessarily mean agreeing with the point of view)
• Act and communicate courteously with others
• Create an atmosphere of collaboration, honesty and trust
• Be fair, sensitive and considerate to the needs of others
• Consider the option of intervening constructively when a member’s behaviour is clearly in breach of this Code.
Principles of Privacy and Confidentiality need to be adhered to within CLC in Australia at all times.
With regard to the Safeguarding of Children, CLC supports the Province Code of Conduct. (Australian Province of the Society of Jesus Code of Conduct Approved 17/09/202).